Great prophecies are typical poetic prophecies that can lead to the destruction of the world. The great prophecy of the series, Percy Jackson and the Olympian tells about a demigod child of The Big Three with the fate of the world on his hands. Let’s go by a line by line evaluation of the Great Prophecy.
- Percy Jackson is the son of Greek God: Poseidon who is one of the Big Three.
- Percy Jackson reaches the age of sixteen despite the fact that monsters, Titans and his friend Luke all want to kill him.
- As Percy Jackson goes to Olympus in the Book: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian, he finds that everyone mortal is in deep sleep. Grover informs him that this could be the work of Morpheus, who was the reason that Grover himself had been asleep for a long time. This proves this line of the Prophecy.
- Luke had given a Celestial Bronze dagger to Annabeth when they had first met. Along with that dagger, Luke had also given a promise to Annabeth. The promise was that he will also be there for her and they would also be a family. When Luke broke the promise, the blade got cursed. In the end, the blade was used by Luke to kill himself as he realized his mistakes. So, here the hero is Luke.
- Percy had to choose whether to give Annabeth’s blade to Luke by trusting him to kill himself and Kronos with him, or trying to destroy Luke or Kronos, by trying to find his Achilles’ heel. In the end, Percy’s choice to give Luke the blade lead to Kronos’ ultimate demise.
- This told the Percy’s choice could be the cause of the existence of Olympus, successfully adding more pressure on him.
(Please note: The links are for you to edit on my Fandom… Please do this as this would greatly help me. You can click on any of them and this will take you to a page… Then, login to your account or sign up to Fandom.com to edit/ create the page)